USB Thumb Drives

Shellnette

Totally new here. Was hearing about the Pockymon Go thing and I remembered that I heard of Geocaching. Got the App and it seems there is a Cache just down the street. Can't wait.

My question is, Does anyone put thumb drives in their Caches? Was thinking it might be neat to see who's been there and to leave a pic or short video. I would think most people now days have the ability. Might be fun.

Totally new here. Was hearing about the Pockymon Go thing and I remembered that I heard of Geocaching. Got the App and it seems there is a Cache just down the street. Can't wait.

My question is, Does anyone put thumb drives in their Caches? Was thinking it might be neat to see who's been there and to leave a pic or short video. I would think most people now days have the ability. Might be fun.

I've found a few, they are really neat, but people tend to take them home and never turn them.

consider making a qr code and stamping the cache with it, so that the folks sporting SMARTphones as GPS can check out your slideshow/website/dirty shoes or whatever. much cheaper to place and you can do tons of stuff with them.

I wasn't think of using it as a log per say, just if you wanted to leave a pic or a video of "dirty shoes", you could. You could also see who has left a video or pic before you. A 4gig is fairly cheap if you buy them 10 at a time. Anyway, I may or may not. Don't like it, don't read/write it.

I have at least one Cache to find tonight when I pick up the wife.

As others have stated, there are numerous potential issues with flash drives that are out of their packaging and already have content on them being put and kept in caches. However, you may be interested in something called dead drops, which are not nearly as close to something out of a spy novel as you might think - they are USB drives that people have placed all around the world with the intention of others finding them, checking out the contents, and perhaps even adding their own content. There are MASSIVE security issues with this of course, but if you're interested in that kind of thing, looking into dead drops is probably the best way to go.

Good luck with your caching!