NO clue of trackables or QR codes

BobbiNScott

I am just playing along with my cell phone following the gps , stating whether or not I found them, I have no clue what to do when it comes to trackables, ( or even what one would look like) I have seen 2 of the qr codes but I didnt know I was to do anything with them. I thought someone just added one. I want to know if its ok to add a little something to each one we find, of course given there is room?

QR codes don't have anything to do with our game. There's another game out there where you scan and log those codes, but that's not Geocaching. :)

Here's a video on trackables (what are they):

And here's one on what to do when you find one:

EDIT: and yes, it's OK to add swag (trinkets) to caches if there's room. :)

Edited by TriciaG

I am just playing along with my cell phone following the gps , stating whether or not I found them, I have no clue what to do when it comes to trackables, ( or even what one would look like) I have seen 2 of the qr codes but I didnt know I was to do anything with them. I thought someone just added one. I want to know if its ok to add a little something to each one we find, of course given there is room?

This link to Geocaching 101, has a lot of good, basic info, so you can better grasp what this odd hobby's about.

Not sure whether you're speaking about trackables or geocaches here, so I believe the videos n stuff will help. :)

If you're talking about geocaches, yep, fine to add something to 'em.

Trackables usually don't have any other attachments without asking the Trackable's Owner first.

Some Geocaching.com trackables have QR codes, most don't.

There is another site that uses QR code stickers, and they're stuck all over the place.

- That's not us. ;)