Southeastern Oregon Clubs, Socials, etc.

oregonblackdog

Now that we have found exactly two caches, we are bitten hard and ready to rock&roll! Are there any Geocaching clubs or social groups in Southern Oregon where we can meet other crazies? Or, should we just keep our eyes peeled for people with various types of instrumentation and having a tendency to walk stooped over? - John & Mare

But we have a couple of get togethers scheduled for southern oregon. Click on the links to check them out.

On June 8th there is LazyBoy & Mitey Mite Bash

On June 22nd there is Gloom's Goodbye

The Klamath cachers will get together for pizza at the drop of a hat. I'm hoping we can get that happening over in the Rogue Valley after our little bash.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Since I see the caches you've hit are Klamath ones I'm going to go way out on a limb and assume you're a local. Welcome to the craziest caching community around. The Portlanders are so jealous they're coming here for fun. If you have questions drop any of us a note, we're all nice except Nomer who bites. Quad still has some gravel to be shovelled too I believe. icon_razz.gif

Since I see the caches you've hit are Klamath ones I'm going to go way out on a limb and assume you're a local. Welcome to the craziest caching community around. The Portlanders are so jealous they're coming here for fun. If you have questions drop any of us a note, we're all nice except Nomer who bites. Quad still has some gravel to be shovelled too I believe. icon_razz.gif

You should have no problem with meeting the K-falls area cachers, blackdog. Although i live some 300 miles away, i've been to 2 of their houses, 2 area motels, 5 of their pizza places, most of the bars, 60 of their caches, and one of their retirement homes. My only regret is that i missed the moistened undergarment contest at a place called Cowgirls II. But there's always next month.

I don't know who said this originally (i first heard it from explosis), but i know that if you post a cache and wait for two hours, you'll meet just about all of them.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

I was pluggin away, averaging a cache a week for the first year. Then all sorts of things happen. Quad and Missnomer set a record and then challenge anyone to beat it. Which a couple of people have.

Before you know it I'm caught up in this numbers thing. After a year I have just a bit over 50 finds, during the month of May so far I've hit 61.

Something is very wrong with me now.

Oh and I hit a cache a couple of days ago where a year ago Quad bragged in the log that this was find #99.

Things change

I was thinking the same thing Lazyboy, but you beat me too it.

I missed the chicken pic dang it.

bounce.gif -Gloom

---------

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

[This message was edited by Gloom on May 30, 2002 at 12:10 AM.]

I won't wash my shorts between now and the bash if you dare threaten me again icon_wink.gif

I'm heading over your way tomorrow for a couple of caches. I have that new gps and can download stuff through easy gps. It's so fast I downloaded all 3000 Klamath caches.

Yeah that's gonna work just fine. Think I can get 2 or 3 hundred of them??

Maybe I'll sette for a handful instead.

I won't wash my shorts between now and the bash if you dare threaten me again icon_wink.gif

I'm heading over your way tomorrow for a couple of caches. I have that new gps and can download stuff through easy gps. It's so fast I downloaded all 3000 Klamath caches.

Yeah that's gonna work just fine. Think I can get 2 or 3 hundred of them??

Maybe I'll sette for a handful instead.

icon_eek.gif

Sorry to have dropped out after all of the nice replies to my first post. Unfortunately, my heart decided to attack me and I got to play in the hospital for a couple of days. Since I have a rather large hole in my femoral artery (because of one of the procedures) I have been somewhat immobile. BUT, after a quick trip tp Portland this weekend for another test, I expect to be striving to add a couple of decimal places to my modest "2" finds! Hope to see you all soon!

"Who was that masked man?"

icon_eek.gif

Sorry to have dropped out after all of the nice replies to my first post. Unfortunately, my heart decided to attack me and I got to play in the hospital for a couple of days. Since I have a rather large hole in my femoral artery (because of one of the procedures) I have been somewhat immobile. BUT, after a quick trip tp Portland this weekend for another test, I expect to be striving to add a couple of decimal places to my modest "2" finds! Hope to see you all soon!

"Who was that masked man?"

...sorry to hear about your heart attack blackdog. Hopefully you'll recover fully after this weekend. Take it easy until then.

-Gloom

----

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

As luck would have it that's my exact hat size too! It didn't used to be but over the years I seem to have grown into it. I am experimenting with a new "one size fits all" hat that I think we'd both look good in. Tell me what you think.

anon.gif

smileystooges.gif Don't think, just do it

I must admit we are both handsome men Bufford. Why else would those beautiful women marry us???

Let's see..... one size fits all.....hmmmmmmmm

That doesn't work well with jock straps but I suppose with hats it could be done. Just one color too I suppose, right?

Well I'm off to the Dentist this morning. Having a tooth yanked. MM tells me that there is no pain involved. She doesn't lie usually. Well only if we're near a cache then she lies like a teenager on the weekend.

Well, now I know I'm nuts. Got bored silly yesterday and snuck out for a couple of quick finds. Nothing to strenuous...although I did get sucked into KF Quad Runners nettle patch. I was literally on top of the durn site but was torn up so badly that I gave up. Lesson learned: Never wear shorts when this madness takes over.

Thanks for the "cheer-me-up messages.

"Who was that Masked Man?"

John & Mare

There is no reason to let the risk of death prevent you from wandering around the Klamath Basin with a gps in your hand.

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to get out and track some caches down. There are many virutal ones around the area and until you feel stronger you might want to look for those. Lots of caches without much of a hike too.

If you're up to it wander on over the hill to my place next weekend. We are having a little get together for cachers and you'd be more than welcome. Many Klamath cachers are coming over too. It's on the other side of Butte Falls and here is the link.

Lazyboy & Mitey Mite Bash

If not that one then check out Glooms. It's closer to home for you, I'll be there.

Glooms Goodbye

*sneaks a peek, to make sure the K-falls insanity hasn't been diluted after all the 'city folk' visits*

Sorry that I haven't been out in a while but trying to wrap up all my projects at school so I can (hopefully) graduate in a 14 days! Yay!

But I'm definitly going through caching withdrawals, so I know how you feel, OregonBlackDog! Might just have to sneak out and hit a cache or 5, or 6, or 7....

-missnomer

Entropy in Motion