Exporting PQs

2Dee2Dee

I would like to see a feature to export all of my Pocket Query individual configurations for personal backup.

That PQ backup format should be able to import back into my account.

For example, over the years I have inadvertently deleted all my PQs and had to manually reconfigure each one. Very cumbersome.

I may also want to temporarily backup and then remove a query for some reason.

Because of these new monster powertrails configuring PQs for a fixed area means a lot of PQs with narrow and wide date ranges mixed.

I believe that such a feature would be greatly appreciated by a wide range of cachers.

Thanks for the consideration,

2Dee

I would like to see a feature to export all of my Pocket Query individual configurations for personal backup.

That PQ backup format should be able to import back into my account.

For example, over the years I have inadvertently deleted all my PQs and had to manually reconfigure each one. Very cumbersome.

I may also want to temporarily backup and then remove a query for some reason.

Because of these new monster powertrails configuring PQs for a fixed area means a lot of PQs with narrow and wide date ranges mixed.

I believe that such a feature would be greatly appreciated by a wide range of cachers.

Thanks for the consideration,

2Dee

I had no idea if this would work until I tried it.

Try going to each Pocket Query and bookmark the URL in your browser. Even after deleting the pocket query the bookmarked URL still seems to work. I haven't tried clearing my browser cache but try this URL:

https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx?guid=6b9640ce-e66c-4e1f-8378-b9b3f85128d2

That's a PQ for Istanbul that I deleted from my PQ list.

https://www.geocaching.com/pocket/gcquery.aspx?guid=6b9640ce-e66c-4e1f-8378-b9b3f85128d2

That's a PQ for Istanbul that I deleted from my PQ list.

That's pretty cool! I wonder if they ever get cleared out by the system?

Anyway, it will be handy to use a basic PQ for people who can't figure it out. If they have mutually exclusive buttons selected or whatever.

Edited by kunarion