Replacing Missing Trackables

itandat

Hi, I have a couple of trackables that have been missing some time now. I have see some people have "Re-released" missing trackables before and wondered how? Is it a simple case of putting the code on a new item, then setting it free? One of mine has been missing for 18 month, and the other for 3 years! Do you think it would be safe to "Re-Release"?

Is it a simple case of putting the code on a new item, then setting it free?

- snip -

Do you think it would be safe to "Re-Release"?[/font]

Yep. Put the code on another item, and send it back out if you'd like.

We don't.

If the first item went missing, you already know that it's possible to lose 'em once again.

- So I guess if you're okay with that...

Safe?

Well, we're seeing issues with so many trackables today (errors in logging mostly) that we wouldn't bother.

Less stress. :laughing:

- But when a proxy can be as cheap as laminated paper and the code, who cares if it goes missing, right? :)

Hi, I have a couple of trackables that have been missing some time now. I have see some people have "Re-released" missing trackables before and wondered how? Is it a simple case of putting the code on a new item, then setting it free? One of mine has been missing for 18 month, and the other for 3 years! Do you think it would be safe to "Re-Release"?

Yes and yes. I do re-release my missing trackables regularly--used to do it after a year but have increased the time to 18 months.

I've considered restarting some of my missing trackables, but then I recently had one resurface after being missing for 3 years and another after 3.5 years. If I had restarted those and then the original resurfaced, things would be messy. For this reason, I'm not going to restart any of mine.

I've considered restarting some of my missing trackables, but then I recently had one resurface after being missing for 3 years and another after 3.5 years. If I had restarted those and then the original resurfaced, things would be messy. For this reason, I'm not going to restart any of mine.

+1

Just send off new ones - tags are cheap....