Logging multiple TB's at same geocache

FireDiven

I visited a geocache today and wanted to "dip" or "visit" 3 travel bugs that I am currently in possession of into the geocache. When I pulled up my inventory, it appears that I have to go to each individual geocache and do this separately....3 different times. Please tell me that I was doing something wrong. I am one of those people who actually like to write a log, and say where the TB was and what I was doing with it. I had to type this 3 different times. Someone please show this geocacher the correct way to do this. Don't tell me that people who sit behind a desk, created this new app, and don't even use it.....because if they did, they would be frustrated like me. I look forward to hearing the correct way to do it. Thanks.

I visited a geocache today and wanted to "dip" or "visit" 3 travel bugs that I am currently in possession of into the geocache. When I pulled up my inventory, it appears that I have to go to each individual geocache and do this separately....3 different times. Please tell me that I was doing something wrong. I am one of those people who actually like to write a log, and say where the TB was and what I was doing with it. I had to type this 3 different times. Someone please show this geocacher the correct way to do this. Don't tell me that people who sit behind a desk, created this new app, and don't even use it.....because if they did, they would be frustrated like me. I look forward to hearing the correct way to do it. Thanks.

Please people, when you ask how to do something in an app, please say which app you are using. I was just about to tell you how to do this on the web page when I got to the part of your question that mentioned the app.

Each TB has its own identity and its own goal. It makes perfect sense that you should write a unique log tying each TB into the cache you're having it visit.

When I'm carrying a TB, I normally only visit the TB to one cache on any given walk. If I'm carrying multiple TBs, I have them each visit a different cache.

The fact is, while your example of 3 TBs is actually small enough to make a multiple logging feature seem reasonable, it's also small enough to make logging 3 times manually reasonable. On the other hand, I'm perfectly happy with the user interface not giving someone carrying 30 TBs an easy way to spam cache TB lists with all their TBs. (They already do that too much without the user interface support.)

I have never understood why anyone would want to do this. Originally, the idea of a TB was to log it out of a cache you found it in and then log it into a cache you left it in. The relatively new practice of "visiting" a TB in every... freekin'... cache you find has ruined the fun of trying to follow the path of caches a TB has actually been in. Unfortunately there IS a way to "dip" every TB in your possession into every cache you find, but I'm not going to tell you how. Because, really, WHO CARES? Just enjoy the TB for a brief time and then leave it for someone else to find.

I have never understood why anyone would want to do this. Originally, the idea of a TB was to log it out of a cache you found it in and then log it into a cache you left it in. The relatively new practice of "visiting" a TB in every... freekin'... cache you find has ruined the fun of trying to follow the path of caches a TB has actually been in. Unfortunately there IS a way to "dip" every TB in your possession into every cache you find, but I'm not going to tell you how. Because, really, WHO CARES? Just enjoy the TB for a brief time and then leave it for someone else to find.

I'm not sure I see the problem with visiting a trackable at various caches as you move it closer to it's mission or goal. What's wrong with knowing where a trackable has been? Why does it have to be caches it has been in? Obviously anything can be overdone and the so called "armchair" problem is in fact a problem. If you pick up a trackable in California that wants to visit every state and you are driving to Washington, what is wrong with visiting it in Oregon on your way? I agree that it should not be automatic "dip every TB in your possession into every cache". It should be a choice the holder makes individually for each trackable they have, for each cache they find and ideally logged uniquely.

Edited by sporfrog