looking for Douglas Adams or Hitchhiker's Guide caches in/near PA

MissJenn

Don't panic! I've got a towel.

I am in search of any caches in my general area that are related to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, a series of books written by Douglas Adams. Do you know of any? Would you like to make one for me and my towel? icon_smile.gif

This idea began with this other Hitchhiker's thread, where I have found out that Texas and New Mexico have several relevant caches. Neither Texas nor New Mexico is in/near PA. I'd like to release a travel bug in an appropriate cache but am having a hard time finding one that I can actually get to.

-- I recognize fun when I see it.

quote:
Originally posted by BassoonPilot:

Someone should go hang an old bathrobe on a tree somewhere, post the coordinates, and name the cache "Arthur Dent's Robe."

I have often wished to own a nice big, wooded property, but only now do I know why: in order to be able to post such a cache! I could put a micro in the pocket! Oh wait: I think I just drifted off to that "logging an event multiple times" thread....

-- I recognize fun when I see it.

quote:
Originally posted by MissJenn:

No takers thus far, huh? icon_frown.gif No problem. I know what I'll do: I'll simply wait until Texas or New Mexico _is_ in/near PA! Perhaps it'll happen in August ...

Oh, 666 posts. I am scared!

I was trying to see if a natural disaster could do what you wanted but I couldn't come up with a scenerio. Now I want to bring the beach to PA but then NJ would have to fall into the ocean for that to happen.

PSUPAUL of

Team Geo-Remdation

quote:
Originally posted by Team Geo-Remdation:

Now I want to bring the beach to PA but then NJ would have to fall into the ocean for that to happen.

Do you mean to imply that this would be a bad thing??

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

quote:
Originally posted by Team Geo-Remdation:

Now I want to bring the beach to PA but then NJ would have to fall into the ocean for that to happen.

Do you mean to imply that this would be a _bad thing_??

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Some mornings, it just doesn't pay to chew through the leather straps. - Emo Phillips

I have no problem with that, but Mopar and some others may worry. Plus we might lose some dadgum fine caches in the process.

PSUPAUL of

Team Geo-Remdation

BTT

Although the towel has officially been released and has logged a few miles, I'm still looking to see if any appropriate caches may now be nearby.

quote:
Originally posted by MissJenn:

I am in search of any caches in my general area that are related to the _Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_, a series of books written by Douglas Adams. Do you know of any? Would you like to make one for me and my towel? icon_smile.gif

-- I've found 58% of the caches in the country! How are you doing?