Garmin GPSmap64s

I've recently purchased a new Garmin GPSmap64s and have noticed that one of its features is that batteries can be charged while they're in the unit.

I'm wondering if an external charger is still required and if so could anyone recommend one. I've been searching online for such a GPS64s-specific charger but see no mention of one, making me wonder if there is a way in which the batteries are charged in the unit without a charger.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've recently purchased a new Garmin GPSmap64s and have noticed that one of its features is that batteries can be charged while they're in the unit... snip

...I'm wondering if an external charger is still required

Nope. :)

Thanks. So, what do I plug into the 220 volt power outlet? The cable I have has one end connecting to the gps and the other end connecting to the usb port on my computer. Is the usb/pc connection the only way to charge it?

Thanks. I have a charger which looks almost exactly like the lower illustration. The question now is whether its output is suitable for the GPSmap64s. The literature with the unit doesn't mention a specific charger or output details.

The charger I have has an output of 5.0 volts - 1000mA.