Bookmark list of Archived Caches

brendan714

Not sure if this is possible, but here goes.

Looks like there was a cacher who recently archived somewhere around 750 caches (pretty much his entire caching career) all at once. Not a power trail or anything, all individual unique hides. Not sure of the reasoning but that's another question for another day.

I'm looking to get all of those archived caches onto a bookmark list or in a GPX file.

Is there any way to do it easily without going 1 by 1 through every single cache?

Thanks.

[...]

Is there any way to do it easily without going 1 by 1 through every single cache?

Thanks.

Yes, there is an easy way to do that: Use GSAK.

1. Use the old search for listing all hidden caches by that user.

2. Download the loc files into GSAK

1. Use the NewSearch for listing all hidden caches by that user.

2. Scroll down the resulting page and copy the entire page content to the clipboard.

2a. Create an api account ("token") in GSAK

3. Use a GSAK macro to regex the codes.

and Get Geocaches by code via the Api.

3b. Upload all those caches via the Api to a bookmark list.

That will look similar to this:

4cf4cdcb1219d086bb56cb892433b3b4.png

Hans

Edited by HHL

Unfortunately, they've taken away the ability to bulk download archived caches in this way. If you look at a list like you describe, there are no longer check boxes beside archived caches, so you'd have to download each of those manually from the cache listing. Even when the boxes used to be there, I don't think the archived caches would actually download.

Unfortunately, they've taken away the ability to bulk download archived caches in this way. If you look at a list like you describe, there are no longer check boxes beside archived caches, so you'd have to download each of those manually from the cache listing. Even when the boxes used to be there, I don't think the archived caches would actually download.

Yes, I've missed the lack of the tiny check boxes. :mad:

Hans

NB: I corrected the workflow. :)

Edited by HHL

Looks like there was a cacher who recently archived somewhere around 750 caches (pretty much his entire caching career) all at once.

Also looks like they logged a find on all them as well. If I had seen this yesterday I could have made a bookmark list. But I deleted them from my database.

Edited by FunnyNose

Go to project-gc.cơm. you can query for archived caches there

Yes, but can you bookmark them from there? I doubt that.

And bookmarking is the essential part of the TO's question.

Hans

You can create a GPX file.

I looked up the instructions, but have to be a premium member on Project-GC to create custom filters:

Create a custom filter that matches only the cache owner that you are interested in. Then use this filter on the map compare page (and make sure to add the show deactivated / archived filter as well.