Syracuse Geocaching Picnic!!

Dekaner

Greetings everyone. We've finally settled on a date and place for the 1st ever Syracuse Geocaching Picnic!

It will be held August 3rd at the Clark Reservation off of Rt. 173 in Jamesville, NY. (A quick hop off Rt. 81, a few minutes south of Syracuse.)

We will be meeting at the large pavilion, which I have reserved for the day. The pavilion is visible from the parking area and I will try to put up a few signs to let people know where we are. There is a $5 parking charge as it is a State Park that cannot be avoided (unless you enter by foot or bike ... though you can't bike on the trails.)

We will be meeting at 10am to discuss the possibility of setting up a New York State Geocaching group with lunch and events (still planning these!) starting at 12 noon. All are welcome to attend both.

This will be a 'pot-luck' event and we ask that everyone bring a dish to share.

I will be posting the event cache page with the coordinates over the next day or so ... basically as soon as I can get back out to take some. Once the event page is up, please post a note to the page letting us know if you can attend so we can do a basic head-count.

There are four caches (compliments of Anton) in the park currently, and we are considering a special cache for the event.

Any questions or comments, just ask!

- Dekaner of Team KKF2A