Arm chair cacher

Smokeypugs

Hi who do I notify if Fredi & Gimola are logging caches and not signing physical logs. They claim finds on several of our caches and I know of 2 more COs that have experienced them doing the same thing. I know it's cheating and they are cheating no one but themselves just think that it should be reported but to whom? TIA

Hi who do I notify if Fredi & Gimola are logging caches and not signing physical logs. They claim finds on several of our caches and I know of 2 more COs that have experienced them doing the same thing. I know it's cheating and they are cheating no one but themselves just think that it should be reported but to whom? TIA

+1 with cerberus1 on this issue. Chances are, deleting enough of their Finds will get their attention (and presumably an email or two in response), that they'll cough up some proof, or leave you alone. Groundspeak is unlikely to get involved unless it turns into a Terms of Use violation (e.g. harassment, stalking, etc.).

Just an aside, it's probably unwise to accuse a specific User in the Forums. Better to frame your question in a general sense. Well, unless it's a spambot, then it's OK ;)

No, it's not right but it's also not anything to report,,, at this point. GC.com probably won't get involved unless the person(s) or bot is doing this a bunch. Delete their bogus find logs and call it a day. If you do happen to get an email from them, you can reply to let them know why you deleted. If they keep causing problems (sending harassing or threatening emails, repeating the bogus logging), then you could contact GC.com to see if they might do something.

Someone logged a find on all my GeoArt caches. (Well, a lot of cachers did. But one made me especially suspicious.) After I archived them, I check 20% of the logs: No signature. Deleted all of that CO's logs. Never heard a word from him/her. I guess they're used to it.

I suspect that some cachers logged finds on them all without finding them all. But with signatures in some, at least they tried. That's tougher to prove.

I've had some drive-by cachers. Yes. Those two caches are two miles apart, but it's over an hour drive. Someone logged them both the same day. Took a while to check both: No signature... Deleted.