Placing a new cache in...

juanbob

Every cache I have visited in my short life here as a cacher has been a "new park I didn't know exixted".

My wife and i would like to place our own cache, but...but...where? All these parks with caches in them are unknown to us prior to finding caches in them. The ones left (few as they may be in eastern PA / western NJ) are still unknown to us.

How would a guy and his wife place a cache in a park unknown to us? How would a guy and his wife find out what parks are around? I wanna put a cache out there...really! How can I find a place??

Juanbob n Sparky

I love the offroute.com link. Plug in your area and it will pull up all kinds of maps and guides local to your area in the rec field your interested in (ie hiking/mtn biking) I got a couple of the guides and have found parks I never knew existed... it works great cause then you also get some background/history of the area, not to mention what parks service oversees the land.

I have been playing with these links and find them very interesting. Nice to find new info like this.

I plugged in parks and reserves in the search area on offroute.com and selected PA as the state - no dice, too many results. Anyone know how to narrow it down? Unless I know the name of the place, I can't get it to come up. Always too many results. Now, if I knew the name of the place, then I wouldn't need to discover it icon_redface.gif

Perhaps I should just buy a large scale topo for eastern PA, western NJ. Not like $10 is too much concidering what I spent on my GPS unit!

I have been playing with these links and find them very interesting. Nice to find new info like this.

I plugged in parks and reserves in the search area on offroute.com and selected PA as the state - no dice, too many results. Anyone know how to narrow it down? Unless I know the name of the place, I can't get it to come up. Always too many results. Now, if I knew the name of the place, then I wouldn't need to discover it icon_redface.gif

Perhaps I should just buy a large scale topo for eastern PA, western NJ. Not like $10 is too much concidering what I spent on my GPS unit!