Missing TB

Gatwick Girl

Apologies in advance if the answer to this question is else where, I've read through some of the forum and picked up a few tips about missing TBs.

One of my TBs is now missing from a cache it was placed in six months ago, and a recent cacher's log has confirmed that my TB is not there. I have now marked the TB as 'Unknown Location' as 'Mark Item Missing' was not an option in the drop-down menu.

What is the difference, if any, between 'Unknown Location' and 'Missing'?

I'm hoping that my TB will reappear sometime and if (when?) it does, can the finder still log it as being found and/or drop it off somewhere if the TB is marked as 'Unknown Location' or 'Missing'? I'm assuming it can be but just wanted to confirm this!

Sorry if this is a dumb question and of course I shall be whooping with joy if it turns up....!!!

Don't give up hope. Some people just don't understand how this game works.

I launched a TB in January. It was in a race to see who could travel the furthest in one year. Well, my TB moved along until a young girl found it in June in Michigan. She was very excited, as this was her first geocache and her first TB. And that was it. She kept it. Despite several attempts to contact her via the message center, via email, no response. Then, today I get a message that someone in the Netherlands found the TB in a parcel he rec' d from this young girl! Go figure? Hopefully this person will find a new cache for the TB shortly. Too late for the race ( unless he drops it off before the end of December 31), but at least it's on the move again .

I have released 35 tbs and another 11 proxies. I have used the action "Mark as Missing" for 70% of them, then they show up as location "unknown" in your TB list. I have had a few logged afterward where the cacher used the "Grab it from somewhere else" option. The process works fine. Marking them as missing is a good thing to do as it takes the TB out of the inventory of the cache it is shown in.