Partner

Guest redquiltsblue

Guest redquiltsblue

Hello All:

Here's the scoop. Hubby is not the outdoors type. He did one geocache with me and sadly we were unsuccessful. (Most likely due to the fact that in order to get him to go I had to let him navigate. So, while I beat around in the shrubs, he stood on the path below and directed me 10ft in this direction, 2 ft the other way, go forward, come back towards me, etc. etc.)

Then on my first successful cache - I fell and fractured my wrist. In a secluded area.

So he is not too keen on me going out alone and well, honestly, neither am I.

But, I also have other activities and I don't go out geocaching much and then only on the weekends - usually Saturday.

So, if anyone in the Columbia- Laurel MD area needs an occassional partner. E-mail me. I promise that I will behave, maybe make you laugh and if I have already visited the cache before (highly unlikely) I will not say a peep.

Thanks

and happy caching.

------------------

Guest Chesapeake

I have also hurt myself on a solo cache hunt. Had to walk out from the Savage cache with seriously twisted ankle. It was so bad that most of my foot was purple the next day. I continue to cache alone, but I'd like to hook up with other cachers. I've done all the caches really near me. The next closest ones are closer to you. Perhaps we can compare "cache wish lists" via email? Anyone else interested in a small group in Maryland?

Guest redquiltsblue

Great idea Chesapeake!

I have seen posts for the Virginia Breakfast Club. Sounded like a group got together on Saturday, ate breakfast, and then went out caching together.

With a venue like that - we could change the meeting place every month or so to accomodate the area we are going to cache in. People could come and join us - or not - as they pleased.

Sound interesting? What do people think?

Hi Red,

I'm in the same boat... wife has no interest in geocaching.

Aside from a bee sting and the usual minor cuts and scratches from thorns and such, I've yet to really hurt myself while caching BUT...

I HAVE put myself in some potentially very dangerous situations on more than one occassion. 'Daniels' and 'Sugarbear' come to mind right now. At 'Daniels' a person alone could easily suffer quite a long fall and seriously injure themselves, though it's close to the road so I guess you could hobble back out and flag down some help.

At 'Sugarbear' I was there searching past sunset and one misplaced footstep could have meant a long tumble down the rocks and a broken leg or worse, and this cache is at least a half mile from the nearest road.

I try to leave some idea of where I'm heading with somebody before I go out but I don't always remember to do so and you never really know what you're going to find yourself up against.

I have recruited a few friends into the game and call them everytime I go out but they never want to go (wimps icon_wink.gif).

Happy (and safe) Caching,

Tedoca

Hi Red,

I'm in the same boat... wife has no interest in geocaching.

Aside from a bee sting and the usual minor cuts and scratches from thorns and such, I've yet to really hurt myself while caching BUT...

I HAVE put myself in some potentially very dangerous situations on more than one occassion. 'Daniels' and 'Sugarbear' come to mind right now. At 'Daniels' a person alone could easily suffer quite a long fall and seriously injure themselves, though it's close to the road so I guess you could hobble back out and flag down some help.

At 'Sugarbear' I was there searching past sunset and one misplaced footstep could have meant a long tumble down the rocks and a broken leg or worse, and this cache is at least a half mile from the nearest road.

I try to leave some idea of where I'm heading with somebody before I go out but I don't always remember to do so and you never really know what you're going to find yourself up against.

I have recruited a few friends into the game and call them everytime I go out but they never want to go (wimps icon_wink.gif).

Happy (and safe) Caching,

Tedoca

Guest DeepSeaCacher

I'd like to find people in Tidewater VA area to go out with and learn more about this sport. Please e mail me at jaber58@earthlink.net for a weekend search or just to meet and swap stories....But I only have 2! :-)

[This message has been edited by DeepSeaCacher (edited 24 January 2002).]

Hey, Miss Jenn,

I'm moving to Eastern PA probably around July. My husband isn't much of a cacher and I won't know a soul. You want to meet up with me some time and find some caches? I would love some help learning about local dangers and such. I have to worry about rattle snakes and mountain lions here in Southern CA, but I don't know what to look for in PA, and I'd love the company.

quote:
Originally posted by Tomebug:

You want to meet up with me some time and find some caches? I would love some help learning about local dangers and such.

icon_cool.gif Give me a yell when you get here!

Local dangers usually come in form of poison ivy and deer ticks.... much less deadly than your current part of the country.

quote:
Originally posted by Tomebug:

You want to meet up with me some time and find some caches? I would love some help learning about local dangers and such.

icon_cool.gif Give me a yell when you get here!

Local dangers usually come in form of poison ivy and deer ticks.... much less deadly than your current part of the country.