Download Cache Data

derk@21

Does anyone know if there is a way to download cache data. I would like to print a list of caches with various bits of data - Name, Owner, Date, last 10 Logs (Type , Date, Notes)

Its so I can give this list to my wife so she has something to look at while we are caching (She's not too good at using my phone to look at the info)

Does anyone know if there is a way to download cache data. I would like to print a list of caches with various bits of data - Name, Owner, Date, last 10 Logs (Type , Date, Notes)

Its so I can give this list to my wife so she has something to look at while we are caching (She's not too good at using my phone to look at the info)

:laughing: I have friends and relatives that can't figure out how to scroll a touch screen, and then they get lost in the menus.

There's a program called Easy GPS that will list at least some of the cache info, and it's configurable. It's free.

If there are only a couple of caches, or for selected ones (such as caches that have photos or puzzles to fill out), you may just print the page without any special software.

If you aren't using Pocket Queries, you'll need to start doing that, to get a bunch of caches at once.

Edited by kunarion

I stopped printing out entire cache pages a long time ago. It was a waste of paper and ink.

I always create a printout of the caches we are going to be searching for that day.

I do it in Notepad. The information I copy and paste will be the GC code, the cache name, the coordinates, the D/T rating, the size and the decrypted hint.

If previous logs include any helpful information, I'll copy that as well.

For Earthcaches, I will include the questions that need to be answered.

For some multicaches or puzzles, the information needed to help in the search might be on the cache page, so I'll include that.

The last 5 logs might consist of nothing more than "tftc", which would be useless.

A lot of cache descriptions are long and not of much help when searching. They aren't worth printing.

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol