Validate Your Account

steben6

This banner appears on top of the main page, but we never got an email and I haven't been able to find out anything about it anywhere.

Is it for real?

"You need to validate your account. If you have the validation code from the e-mail we sent you, visit the validation page to enter that code and validate your account. Otherwise you can have a new validation e-mail sent to you."

It happened to me today as well. I tried to login about an hour ago and was met with the "validation screen." I checked my email and found nothing new, then went back to the "validation screen" and requested a re-send. The validation email then showed up in my email----I clicked on the link and then was taken into geocaching.com.

Note: I have no other user accounts other than my own, I renewed in August, and my login has worked fine until today's occurrence. I have since logged off and then back on with no problem.

That banner does exist, but I don't see any reason for why it should show up for you - I show your account as fully validated. Were you by chance logged in with a different account?

We only have one account. The same thing happened to us as the previous poster...the banner showed up, but no email. Requested an email and got like seven of them. Clicked on the link in one of the emails and it opened in Geocaching and the banner went away. hmmmm......

It sounds like it hasn't happened to me alone. I get the banner and look for an e-mail. Nothing found. I try to write my local reviewer for some help and my e-mail privileges have been suspended because my account has not been validated. Somewhere I have been declared as "inactive" which is simply not true. I feel hobbled. I changed my password to see if that helped. Nope.

After digging into this, it appears that each of you that is reporting this issue has an AOL account, and email to AOL was bouncing at some point yesterday. This led to those email addresses being invalidated. Normally, you cannot log in when not validated, but this did not affect you in that way since you were already logged in and your session still active when that occurred.

If this should occur again, simply revalidate your email and proceed.