Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GlobalRat

Northern Cape Cachers

Does anyone know of any cachers that are resident in the Northern Cape, well the more northern part thereof.

Apart from being a sparsely populated area, with the obvious lack of cache density, it's certainly a fascinating part of South Africa which could do with some more caches.

I travel there every now and then, as do others that I am aware of such as HeinG. I have placed 1 at Upington Airport and another at Aggenys along with an EarthCache near Pofadder. I would like to place a few more but obviously one needs a local custodian. I will be there again next week and was thinking of placing another couple. I will see what I can do. The N7 between Springbok and the Namibia border has quite a few but the Springbok - Upington road [N14] lacks caches. So does the Upington - Keetmanshoop road.

Cincol! A very belated Welcome back!!!

It's definitely an area that could do with some seeding, but yes one or more local custodians would be preferable. I also pass through occasionally, but generally (unfortunately) it tends to be business based and I'm usually quite pressed for time.

Possibly requires a coordinated effort?

Cincol! A very belated Welcome back!!!

It's definitely an area that could do with some seeding, but yes one or more local custodians would be preferable. I also pass through occasionally, but generally (unfortunately) it tends to be business based and I'm usually quite pressed for time.

Possibly requires a coordinated effort?

I have at least 1 EarthCache in my vision for next week - possibly a few caches on the N14 and a couple north of the Orange River en route to Rosh Pinah.

Will keep an eye out for them. I have a few points of interest that deserve a cache placement but will only get there later in the year.