Paranoid meddling muggles

Ah. But the title of the thread is "Paranoid meddling muggles", not "stalkers". Though the OP is more concerned with "stalkers". And this female was obviously a 'paranoid meddling muggle'. She observed us manhandling a park bench, whilst she was violating park rules by leading a young child into the woods. So, yes. She definitely qualified as a 'paranoid meddling muggle'. I did consider reporting her to the police for violating park rules. I hope the young girl (probably her grand daughter) survived her trip into the forbidden zone. So, yes. She did stalk us. But obviously, park rules do not apply to people who choose to ignore them. But 'paranoid meddling muggles' is the title of this thread. And she was certainly one.

That's lovely, but do you think that if you were a solo woman geocaching, your experience with muggles and generally being in public might, on the whole, be different? Or do you honestly believe that being in public alone is exactly the same for men and women?

Ah. But the title of the thread is "Paranoid meddling muggles", not "stalkers". Though the OP is more concerned with "stalkers". And this female was obviously a 'paranoid meddling muggle'. She observed us manhandling a park bench, whilst she was violating park rules by leading a young child into the woods. So, yes. She definitely qualified as a 'paranoid meddling muggle'. I did consider reporting her to the police for violating park rules. I hope the young girl (probably her grand daughter) survived her trip into the forbidden zone. So, yes. She did stalk us. But obviously, park rules do not apply to people who choose to ignore them. But 'paranoid meddling muggles' is the title of this thread. And she was certainly one.

That's lovely, but do you think that if you were a solo woman geocaching, your experience with muggles and generally being in public might, on the whole, be different? Or do you honestly believe that being in public alone is exactly the same for men and women?

No. Being alone in public is quite different for men and women.

In 11 years of caching I've only been approached by hostile muggles maybe twice. Once I got locked behind a gate that I thought was a side entrance to a county park but turned out to be private property. Had to call 911 and the cops located the owner, who came down and yelled at me as he opened the gate. The impressive thing was, The cops came about 20 minutes before the property owner and they never once asked me what I was doing there. In fact. in about a dozen different LEO encounters in several different states, the officers have ALWAYS been polite and professional, most of the time just making sure I was OK (parked off road somewhere in the wilderness,)

It's really sad that people are so sedentary they think walking across the street is suspicious. O_o

I think that's kind of a reach. Some people are just whackadoodle and will find something to be paranoid about no matter what you do.

Yep, this. It has nothing to do with vehicle or pedestrian.