Cache approval time?

landc

Just wondering how long in normally takes to get a cache approved. I put one out last weekend, took if offline briefly on wednesday to make a change, emailed the approver on thursday, and have yet to hear anything from anyone.

What is the normal time frame?

Thanks,

Larry

quote:
Originally posted by landc:

Just wondering how long in normally takes to get a cache approved. I submitted my first one last weekend, took if offline briefly on wednesday to make a change, emailed the approver on thursday, and have yet to hear anything from anyone.

What is the normal time frame?

Thanks,

Larry

I think NJ Admin (who does NY, NJ and other parts of the northeast) is on a caching vacation. I have two that have been on the queue for two days. Kind of unheard of. He's usually very prompt. Perhaps Keystone Approver will step in?

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

Both NJAdmin and Keystone Approver were busy this weekend and away from the computer. I'm back now, I've gone through the forums and I'm about to tackle the long list of caches in my approval queue. It's 11:00 p.m. Never mind about unpacking the car or logging my finds....

We do try to be as prompt as possible, and our published service standard is 24 to 48 hours. My approval times range from 5 minutes to more than a week (sometimes I goof up and lose a cache in the shuffle and chaos... I'm human although some have applied other labels.)

124791_700.jpg Don't make me stop this car!

cortneyofeden - Thanks for the kind words! And yes, both admins were out and about, logging a few caches.

MissJenn - thank you for giving me the opportunity to clear up any lingering confusion. Speaking for just me, I can indeed confirm that I am female or male. And, to be precise, Keystone Approver is both.

124791_700.jpg Don't make me stop this car!

NJ is usually pretty quick. 48 - 72 hours is about the norm. I've had them approved in less that24 hours also. I recently had one sitting for a week. Sent NJ a quick email asking if he forgot about me. He approved that cache as well as another cache I hid just a few hours earlier that day. If it takes longer than a few days don't panic. It'll get done. I don't think sending a polite email would hurt either. Thanks to all the admins for doing a pretty much thankless job.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

[This message was edited by J&MBella on October 06, 2003 at 05:50 PM.]