Morris County NJ 8/18: GPS & geocaching presentation

orange

Monday August 18 8 PM

Morris County Office of Emergency Management

at the Morris County Police and Fire Training facility,

500 West Hanover Avenue

Parsippany NJ.

This coming Monday night jungle green and I (mostly me) are doing a presentation for the Morris Radio Club about GPS and Geocaching. Visitors are always welcome so any cachers in the area feel free to attend. The meeting is in the offices of the Morris County Office of Emergency Management. The coordinates below are close to the proper doorway that you need to use to find the meeting. Enter the doorway and then make a left into the OEM offices. We may try to recruit you as a ham radio operator but I may also get some new geocachers too.

N 40 50.005

W 74 31.119

Bonus: There may be coordinates for a soon to be listed special Ham radio themed cache that you may beta test before the final release.

Also if an emergency state is in effect or an Orange terror alert level then we can not meet at the listed location. I do not anticipate that being a problem on Monday night but if it changes I will post a message here cancelling.

I hope your presentation goes well tonight! I did one a week and a half ago for my local outdoors club and some of the people contacted me and we have a small geo hike planned this week! Best of Luck! icon_smile.gif

"The more I study nature, the more I am amazed at the Creator."

- Louis Pasteur

Sounds very interesting and very cool. I cant make the trip tonight North but it sounds like a nice this will be great for promoting the hobby of geocaching and HAM.

Good Luck & 73s

Mr. Magoo (aka KG2AQ)

"Problems are merely opportunities for interesting solutions which can be implemented by those with the courage to be different."