recommended caches near Malvern/WestChester PA ?

vds

I'm planning a trip back home from the Pacific North-Wet area in the next couple weeks and wanted to hit a bunch'o caches while I'm in town. Can anybody recommend (e-mail is ok) some good ones within maybe a 15-mile radius of West Chester ? Pretty much anything cool from Limmerick to Chester North/South and Upper Darby to Coatesville East/West would be reasonable. Thanks!

I live in Northern VA now but am originally fromPhilly. I go up "North" every now and then to visit family and usually do a cache or 4 while up there. Ridley Creek State Park is just near West Chester and has a couple caches. A couple in there are currently archived but I saw that someone had posted a find even after they were archived. I think the archiving has something to do with the current process of negotiating being conducted with DCNR who maintains the state parks.

OK, other caches that are near West Chester, that I've done, and NOT in State Parks are Martin Park (hard to find the actual park but a nice hiking area), GeoCache, Eye of the Tiger (hidden by a friend of mine), and A Crum My Cache.

You might also try Brandywine State Park in Delaware. Haven't done any there myself but looks interesting.

Let us know your results.

quote:
Originally posted by Goblin:

OK, other caches that are near West Chester, that I've done, and NOT in State Parks are Martin Park (hard to find the actual park but a nice hiking area), GeoCache, Eye of the Tiger (hidden by a friend of mine), and A Crum My Cache.

You might also try Brandywine State Park in Delaware. Haven't done any there myself but looks interesting.

Those are great! Aside from the caches, there are many ruins and stone structures to see, if you're into that kind of thing.

ok, made it back. I wound up spending the day doing 11 caches within a 15 mile radius of Wayne PA or so, in TORRENTIAL rainfall last Thursday and Friday. Good thing I brought the Pacific NorthWET rain gear. Some thoughts on ones that were notable to me:

• Ford Explorer - scared the heck outta me given the weather conditions. Simply amazing
  • ChooChoo - way cool easy one, wish the kids were there
  • Martin Park - got a couple dry hours, a nice walk on the trails
  • That's Progress ? - tough drive getting there, pretty silly. Found two other like locations later in the week

Unfortunately the weather was so miserable I couldn't do the caches I really wanted, like the various colonial ruins in Ridley Park etc...but it was good to be home again.

Try out "Who's Buried in Wayne's Tomb(s)" if you get to the Paoli area for a gruesome history lesson that matches up with the Halloween season.