New search filters

Fundy Fog

Sorry if I'm repeating other posts here or posting in the wrong place. I did a quick search and didn't find these exact requests and the user insights forums where I figured it should go all appear to be locked now.

I've been using the new Search/Find a Geocache function a lot lately for making quick searches (instead of creating a PQ) and I like the interface for adding filters but find it lacking a few helpful options. Does anyone know if there are plans to add more features to it. Here are my suggestions.

1. search radius - any plans to open this up or increase the ceiling value to something larger than 50km?
  2. it would be nice to be able to search for caches found/not found since a specific date. I could see this being as simple (interface-wise) as an additional set of three radio buttons on the right side of the filters window labelled "Not found", "All" and "Found". On the line below that the word "Since" and a calendar widget to specify the date that become active when a selection other than All is made.
  3. an option to filter out caches with x number of DNFs in their most recent log entries. 1 - maybe the guy just missed it. 2 - possibly it was his cache partner. 3+ there is likely something up with this one. Sure I could read logs manually but save myself the time if I can filter automatically.

Looking at these, with the exception of the first one, they would be nice to have in the pocket queries too. If there is a way to do any of them now please feel free to enlighten me.

Thanks

Edited by Fundy Fog
[...]

1. search radius - any plans to open this up or increase the ceiling value to something larger than 50km?[...]

You can do so by searching entire states.

Sample (caches with "Hotel" in their name:

Hans

Searching by state (or country) will return a list of caches over a wider area but it might not produce the results one is looking for. A radius search returns a list of caches within a specified distance (up to 50km) from a specific center point, while searching by state/country returns a list of caches within the specified region and will order them relative to ones home location. A region search only returns 1000 caches so for a large region there may be a lot of caches missing from the list. For example, without any other criteria, specifying United States: New York returns "Showing 1000 of 15000+ results".

For those living in relatively cache dense areas a 50km limit is probably going to produce a large list of caches but for someone that doesn't a 50km search radius just isn't enough.