64ST difficulties

saskieman2010

Hello, Don.

I don't have a 64st, but could you give a little more information?

If you're talking about the preloaded geocaches that were already on the unit when you bought it, see the thread Removing Pre-Loaded Geocaches Garmin 64st.

Or are you trying to remove individual geocaches?

Or are you trying to replace a pocket query with fresher data?

Edited by msrubble

I can delete both waypoints and geocaches from my 62 and I suspect the 64 operates in the same way.

I am doing this from memory so please forgive me if I botch it up..

- Click Find.

- Select the Geocache or Waypoint List.

- Select the geocache or waypoint in question.

- Click the Menu button and select Review.

- At this point, you're viewing some of the details of the waypoint or geocache.

- Now hit menu again, you should see an option to Delete.

Nope. On the newer Garmins you can edit and delete individual waypoints but you cannot delete individual geocaches on the device itself. BaseCamp does actually allow you to delete individual geocaches on the device while it's connected. But there's no way to do it in the field.

Nope. On the newer Garmins you can edit and delete individual waypoints but you cannot delete individual geocaches on the device itself. BaseCamp does actually allow you to delete individual geocaches on the device while it's connected. But there's no way to do it in the field.

I found you can delete them singly or all at once. Oh how I wish I could do that with Geocaches!!!!

Hello, Don.

I don't have a 64st, but could you give a little more information?

If you're talking about the preloaded geocaches that were already on the unit when you bought it, see the thread Removing Pre-Loaded Geocaches Garmin 64st.

Or are you trying to remove individual geocaches?

Or are you trying to replace a pocket query with fresher data?

Thanks for the reply - it got me started!! I didn't know about the preloaded caches but when I searched for nearby caches it missed most of them - now I know why. I am checking out removing all the preloaded caches now. It will delete single Waypoints or all of them, but not any geocaches.

Still working on that problem. First suggestion didn't work.

Yes i want to put in new pocket queries and I found useful information about that too.

Why would Garmin go for its own database and not Geocaching.com?? very strange.

Checking out Basecamp later. Thanks

You can't delete individual caches or waypoints from the GPS itself. You have to connect it to a computer and remove it from the GPX file.

I tried deleting individual files from the GPX file and they disappeared, but none were removed from the GPS. What did I do wrong?

Edited by saskieman2010

I found yDelormeelete them singly or all at once. Oh how I wish I could do that with Geocaches!!!!

Go buy a Delorme. On those you can add individual geocache as well as delete individual geocache.

Found it, DNFed or even one that you have not looked for yet. All in the field right from the unit.

Those people that I know who have Garmins can't do that. PQ is the only way they can do it.

Edited by Mn-treker

You can't delete individual caches or waypoints from the GPS itself. You have to connect it to a computer and remove it from the GPX file.

I tried deleting individual files from the GPX file and they disappeared, but none were removed from the GPS. What did I do wrong?

Did you also try deleting the Visits? But if you do that it will delete the found ones if you haven't logged them yet.

I just record them as Needs Repair and it hides them until you can get rid of the file on your computer. Don't forget to restart your GPS

I can delete both waypoints and geocaches from my 62 and I suspect the 64 operates in the same way.

I am doing this from memory so please forgive me if I botch it up..

- Click Find.

- Select the Geocache or Waypoint List.

- Select the geocache or waypoint in question.

- Click the Menu button and select Review.

- At this point, you're viewing some of the details of the waypoint or geocache.

- Now hit menu again, you should see an option to Delete.

(Wow when I tried to post this I got throttled saying that they limit how many posts you can do in a short period of time.)

Anyway I tried this on my 62 and it says after you hit the menu again, you get Save as a Waypoint?