found a geocoin.

Belisen

I found a geocoin and tried to follow the guide on the website but when I put in the code that starts with TC it loads a page with a different code and the last entry was 2010. The cache is pretty active and has lots of current sigs. What am I missing?

The numbers from the link don't match the coin. It would make sense since morning glory is right next to golden finch cache but there is no mistaken the codes don't match. My coin has a cornucopia and an orange pumpkin in the background.

Glad to hear all worked out in getting this coin back in the system after being "missing" for 5 years.

Could you explain what the problem was, and how it was rectified? Folks searching the forum for answers might find it helpful.

B.

Without revealing the "secret" tracking number.

Well, that's a point in favor of the Message Center. Sending a photo via the Message Center is a quicker and easier than trying to post a photo on the forum.

The tracking number is very clear on the coin, so perhaps the problem was in not knowing that one can "grab" a trackable, when a "retrieved" log isn't possible.

Good job on getting everything squared away, and getting the coin back on its travels.

Wonder what its story is? How did it spend the last 5 years in limbo? How many hands did it take to get it to where it is now? Why didn't folks log its travels? Guess we'll never know.

B.