Hope they are still ironing out the bugs on the new webpage design for the cache listings

Luckless

Much more difficult to look at and although it says that there were 198 listings found for my area I can't find a way to see more than the fifty listed on the returned page. Is there a way to get the old look back if I want it?

Does the link "Take me to the old Search" not work for you?

B.

Much more difficult to look at and although it says that there were 198 listings found for my area I can't find a way to see more than the fifty listed on the returned page. Is there a way to get the old look back if I want it?

I have an "old search result" as my start page, showing a list of nearby caches, the compact tables of the old search. It all changed this morning on my Android. Then it changed back. It's still the same on my PC at this time.

Here's my default page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat_ns=1&lat_h=33&lat_mmss=26.610&long_ew=-1&long_h=084&long_mmss=26.842&dist=30

I changed the default "Distance" (dist) to 30 miles, it's adjustable. You can plug in a chosen "home location" pretty easily. For example, at the part where you see "lat_ns=1&lat_h=33&lat_mmss=26.610", that's the coordinates N 33° 26.610, and "long_ew=-1&long_h=084&long_mmss=26.842" is W 084° 26.842. Customize it as you wish, then save it as a favorite. It is still the default format when you click "www.geocaching.com" and enter coords, and the whole "old search" is still there. Depending on what your definition of "is" is. It works right now (11:33am EST 4/24/2015) on my PC. But changes are happening while we speak.

Edited by kunarion

If I were to type in a zip code on the new search, the first page shows up, with a "Load More" button on the bottom that doesn't do anything.

- If I use the link to the Old Search (to the right, kinda hidden in the trees), well, it's the old search and works fine (for me).

I have an "old search result" as my start page, showing a list of nearby caches, the compact tables of the old search. It all changed this morning on my Android. Then it changed back. It's still the same on my PC at this time.

Here's my default page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?lat_ns=1&lat_h=33&lat_mmss=26.610&long_ew=-1&long_h=084&long_mmss=26.842&dist=30

I changed the default "Distance" (dist) to 30 miles, it's adjustable. You can plug in a chosen "home location" pretty easily. For example, at the part where you see "lat_ns=1&lat_h=33&lat_mmss=26.610", that's the coordinates N 33° 26.610, and "long_ew=-1&long_h=084&long_mmss=26.842" is W 084° 26.842. Customize it as you wish, then save it as a favorite. It is still the default format when you click "www.geocaching.com" and enter coords, and the whole "old search" is still there. Depending on what your definition of "is" is. It works right now (11:33am EST 4/24/2015) on my PC. But changes are happening while we speak.

How do you get the default settings? I had the default settings, now I've got something different with no way that I can see to change it back.

How do you get the default settings? I had the default settings, now I've got something different with no way that I can see to change it back.

At this moment, the old URLs still work. I've used the "old default" web address for a while, and saved it as a Favorite called "Geocaching". One way to get that familiar grid is to copy the URL I posted, change a couple of coords, and save it as a Favorite (a web Bookmark).

True, things are changing fast around here lately.

At this moment, the old URLs still work. I've used the "old default" web address for a while, and saved it as a Favorite called "Geocaching". One way to get that familiar grid is to copy the URL I posted, change a couple of coords, and save it as a Favorite (a web Bookmark).

True, things are changing fast around here lately.

Thanks for responding. I found and bookmarked(firefox) this page which seems to work-for now. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx

Does the link "Take me to the old Search" not work for you?

B.

I hope that they are tracking how many use the old page vs. how many use the new "improved" page.