Why is my cache count different on maps statistics page?

Cheminer Will

Thanks for your help in clearing up my confusion on this: If I understand your first suggestion correctly, there is a filtering method in GSAK to show caches that you may have more than one find logged on. When I use that it returns no caches that have two or more logs. So have I eliminated that possibility, or am I missing something there?

The 2nd point if I understand what you mean, I would see those in another county? I don't think I have any outside of the US, or any moving caches. In any case wouldn't those show up, just in another country?

Edited by Cheminer Will

The 2nd point if I understand what you mean, I would see those in another county? I don't think I have any outside of the US, or any moving caches. In any case wouldn't those show up, just in another country?

Groundspeak have a list (of now 'Grandfathered' caches) that could be logged 'anywhere' or are 'Moving' caches that can be logged in one location, but may show at another location.

They may, or may not, show on the maps... (It would be logical to not show them on maps, as you could log it at home, but the cache could then move to the other side of the world.)

- I don't know for sure, but as they have the 'list' it would make sense to use the information. Statistics and maps is the logical place to use it... -

:unsure:

If you run a new MyFindsPQ and you don't see the change it maybe this. The GSAK cache that had a double find on it will remember you had two find logs and will not get overwritten in GSAK when you run and new PQ. What I do is after I delete the double log on the cache page, I will also delete cache from the GSAK and download the cache again to GSAK.

Yes, That makes sense for the issue you describe. But the issue here is different and seems to be explained by the 3 locationless caches noted above.

I saw that earlier I just wanted to add it in case others have similar problems not involving non accountable caches like Lab caches, benchmarks and locationless.