I Spy... totally cool and fun

Malemotives

While it initially gave me concern, I was able to work it out and place my FIRST hide in proximity to my home, so that I can watch geocachers searching, meet and greet and even give an added hint or two to those who get stumped, when I am around. Less than a week old, 12 cachers have logged finds and TBs have turned over twice. The added fun of being so close are the meets, and the ability to discover TBs as they pass through. Additionally, as a newbie, I am able to see techniques experienced cachers use in their search. It's all good.

Looks like a very interesting and apparently fun hide! Best of luck with it. You will find that there are people that do not care to do caches in people's yards, but you at least went through pains to make sure the neighbors know about it, and to identify your house visually. I hope you have fun with your new hide!

I've don't that when I was playing the "m" game. I also had a cache behind my house (in front I was too close to another cache.)

I also found a cache in the alley of a flood cachers house. He rigged up a doorbell and you can ring them if you care to chat. They moved and had to archive it, so their new one is in a yard decoration in the front. But apparently unless you know someone is coming it's easy to not notice. He and his wife missed 4 cachers in one day, and they had a view out the window to the cache.

I agree that it is really nice to own a geocache near where you live. I planted a kid-friendly cache near our house with lots of toys in it, and whenever we get a visit from a new cacher, my kids get really excited to go down and see what was traded. There's something special about walking down the block with your kids bouncing up and down with excitement. I only wish we had a little more traffic to the cache, it is a little bit outside of where people tend to travel to, and the cache itself is not much of a destination for geocachers. Maybe next time I'll have to come up with some kind of awesome hide that really attracts geocachers rather than just a camo painted plastic bin hidden in a sheltered spot.

Someone put a cache out next to my parents house. They've really enjoyed it. They'll go out and chat with people as they're finding the cache. They called me when the ftf attempt was being made, and so I ran out there and joined up (we dnf'd it). A little later, they called me and had me talk to the cachers to see if I could help with finding it (before everyone figured out where it was).

I also found a cache in the alley of a flood cachers house.

Am I the only one not familiar with the term "flood cacher"?

*fellow not flood. Stupid tablet.

Although the area I'm in has experienced a once in a hundred years flood three times in 15 years. If once places and seeks caches in the flood zone I guess they could be called flood cachers.

Looks like a very interesting and apparently fun hide! Best of luck with it. You will find that there are people that do not care to do caches in people's yards, but you at least went through pains to make sure the neighbors know about it, and to identify your house visually. I hope you have fun with your new hide!

Usually, when it comes to "front yard" caches, I only go if the cache is clearly outlined in the description. I'm not about to go look for a 5/5 in someone's front yard. That much time pacing on a sidewalk and on someone's lawn only invites problems... I don't want to get tazed or paralyzed when I try to explain to a cop what it is I'm up to! :anicute: