Updating pocket query caches

CaliforniaCondor

Hi guys/gals,

Hope this wasn't asked and answered - I did a search of the forum and nothing came up for me.

So, I have a few pocket queries saved for certain areas that I like to hike around, and the last time I saved certain queries was at least a year ago, and now there are new caches hidden (fun stuff). So, is there a way to update that saved query I currently have with the new caches, or do I need to just go and delete that query totally and make a new one of that area(s).

Thanks!

Hi guys/gals,

Hope this wasn't asked and answered - I did a search of the forum and nothing came up for me.

So, I have a few pocket queries saved for certain areas that I like to hike around, and the last time I saved certain queries was at least a year ago, and now there are new caches hidden (fun stuff). So, is there a way to update that saved query I currently have with the new caches, or do I need to just go and delete that query totally and make a new one of that area(s).

Thanks!

Just re-run it.

If you've found caches in the area covered, just select the option "Caches I Have Not Found" to omit them.

DELETE the old PQ from your GPS*, just to make sure that you only have available caches.

(Caches on an old PQ that have been Archived, wont be 'overwritten' by the new PQ)

*If you use one!

Not 100% sure what you mean, so I hope this helps. If you have a PA on your gps, the run the same PQ again and put it on your gps it will put on new caches, and update old caches. If there's any caches on your gps that are now archived, they wouldn't show up as such since a PQ will not include archived caches, so you would be best off deleting the old one off your gps. If you're talking about the actual PQ file, then you need to run the PQ again to update it. I do believe you have to do it from scratch, like you did the first time.

Hope this helps.