Countryid stateid errors

petensara2

I am having a problem loading a new cache - this is the first one I have entered. I fill in the country and state id, description and picture, when a get to submit and review I get the message "countryid cannot be null Stateid cannot be null" if I go back in my browser the fields are completed, if I go to "tab 3 description" all the fields are blank - country, state, description. I am using windows 7 I.E 11, I tried with another laptop with windows 8.1. Any ideas what I am going wrong, can I save what details I have entered and return at a later time.

I spoof logged in as you and had no problems running through the process with the data that was stored in your draft. When I got to the country/state selection, they were blank, so I selected UK/Eastern England and was able to proceed with no issues. I then saw that you already had a saved version of the cache at http://coord.info/GC5JGGV . The new one I created is http://coord.info/GC5JHJX. It appears that you successfully created your cache, but did you then try backing up in your browser and resubmitting? If so, that could be the issue.

Thanks for your help I edited one of those I had created and it seemed to work, couldn't copy a picture into the text though but I did manage to get pictures into the margins. my problem now is I can only view the pictures with the laptop using windows 7 - the laptop running windows 8.1 showing it plain. GC code is GC5JGGV VS#202

Edited by petensara2

You specified your local hard drive as the location for your background image, so it will only show up on that one computer.

You need to upload the background image to your cache page gallery or to some other place on the internet, and use the URL for that image location to paste into the "background image" field on your cache edit page.

Here is a Help Center article on how to upload an image to your cache listing.

Hi there,

I got the same error message "The CountryId property cannot be null. The StateId property cannot be null." yesterday and today trying to hide our first (traditional) cache. I did not find any thread that sounded more helpful than this one, so I hope I may join my problem to this one.

Of course I had put in my hiding country - Luxembourg. The screen refreshed then and the state field stayed empty (I think it is ok, as Luxembourg is too small for states). Yet the coords I gave are confirmed by the map in the find screen 1 to be where I supposed them to be: in Luxembourg.

On the first time I got that error message, I went back to start page where I THEN found an empty country field - again.

I entered it again (refresh induced by website) an got trough the process again (fields from page 1 to be filled in again, whereas fields from page 2 and 3 remained filled in), but the error subsists.

I then changed the hardware and choose to "start over" my hide - nothing changes.

PC1: Windows VISTA (most patches applied) with Firefox browser late or latest release

PC2: Windows 7 (all patches applied) with Firefox 36.0.1

Is this a general problem for small countries or am I pecularly dumb :blink: ?

Thanks for your comments!

Edited by Renjo

Hi there,

I got the same error message "The CountryId property cannot be null. The StateId property cannot be null." yesterday and today trying to hide our first (traditional) cache. I did not find any thread that sounded more helpful than this one, so I hope I may join my problem to this one.

Of course I had put in my hiding country - Luxembourg. The screen refreshed then and the state field stayed empty (I think it is ok, as Luxembourg is too small for states). Yet the coords I gave are confirmed by the map in the find screen 1 to be where I supposed them to be: in Luxembourg.

On the first time I got that error message, I went back to start page where I THEN found an empty country field - again.

I entered it again (refresh induced by website) an got trough the process again (fields from page 1 to be filled in again, whereas fields from page 2 and 3 remained filled in), but the error subsists.

I then changed the hardware and choose to "start over" my hide - nothing changes.

PC1: Windows VISTA (most patches applied) with Firefox browser late or latest release

PC2: Windows 7 (all patches applied) with Firefox 36.0.1

Is this a general problem for small countries or am I pecularly dumb :blink: ?

Thanks for your comments!

There seems to be some content that for some reason causes the submission form to fail and throw these errors. Could you try removing all of your content (description and summary) and see if you are able to submit (you can always edit later)? If it works, then we can try to narrow down what is causing the issue.

I followed you advice and cleared all the contents of the main /desciption window, that I had put there by copy&paste out of a openoffice-Writer document.

The publishing was possible then but I did not receive the editing buttons (for bold, size, underlining aso) anymore and had to do the job by manual HTML coding which is quite old style - but the result is fine now. At least that's what I see & hope.

Thanks for your help!