Advanced Search function

Toi-Moi

Hello,

by using the advanced search function of the website, I remarked that it's not directly possible to search for example for a word in geocaches' name and a specified country together. For example, I wanted to build a search result of all geocaches with the word "Sudoku" in their names, and this in Switzerland. How can I do that and more interesting search combines?

Project-GC can do this for you. I'm not sure if you need a paid membership over there to do it, I have one in both places so I don't know.

Groundspeak is a listing service that many of use are already paying for. I find it unbelievable that a service that provides access to a couple of million records doesn't consider a robust working search mechanism to be their number one priority. IMHO it's been broken for over two years when the "search by name" only allowed searching for caches with start with a character sequence.

Project-GC can do this for you. I'm not sure if you need a paid membership over there to do it, I have one in both places so I don't know.

Groundspeak is a listing service that many of use are already paying for. I find it unbelievable that a service that provides access to a couple of million records doesn't consider a robust working search mechanism to be their number one priority. IMHO it's been broken for over two years when the "search by name" only allowed searching for caches with start with a character sequence.

I'd love to see it integrated in to geocaching.com but for now I'll use what is available and if that means a second site then it does.

I'd love to see it integrated in to geocaching.com but for now I'll use what is available and if that means a second site then it does.

And I would't be surprised if a willingness of it's users to use a second site has an impact on how much effort has put into fixing the search mechanism on their site. IMHO, a robust search engine for a site that has a database of over a million records is core functionality. There are some things that are fine on other external sites, but search and discovery isn't one of them.