How do I delete a topic?

anabrethh

We don't delete topics in the Groundspeak Forums except for things like spam, duplicates and threads that don't follow the posted forum guidelines. Those guidelines say:

Any messages you post in these discussion forums will remain available to the public for as long as this discussion forum is online; please post carefully and with due consideration to the content of your post. An exception is if the post does not meet forum guidelines and is moderated. Moderated posts may be removed or edited by moderators or Groundspeak. In the unlikely event that we do edit your post and you do not like the changes, we can delete the message at your request.

One reason for this policy is because the forums provide a searchable database of discussions for future reference by others who are interested in the same subject.

A topic starter can request that a moderator close (lock) their topic, by using the "report this post" button. The moderator will usually close the topic if productive discussion has trailed off.

Edited by Keystone

The OP's question was answered in Post #4, and the relevant topics have been closed (but not deleted). In this thread, a number of off topic posts, and posts inappropriate for the "How do I ....?" forum, have been hidden from view. To prevent additional posts of that nature, I am closing this topic as well.