Wrong date when enabling a cache

The Vikings

I am not sure if this is the right spot to log an error, but I have not found a better place.

When enabling a cache that has been temporarily disabled, the date on the log reverts back to the server date in US, even though I have specifically changed it to the date where I am (Australia, which mostly is one day ahead of US).

Could we please get this fixed.

Certain actions that affect the status of the cache listing, like disabling, enabling, archiving, etc., are "locked" to Seattle server time, by design. This preserves an accurate record of when the status of the cache changed. As a cache reviewer, I like this because it decreases the amount of shenanigans.

I do not understand what 'locking' to a specific server time, different from reality, has anything to do with any kind of accuracy. The accurate time I enabled my cache was on my date in my time zone, nothing else.

Yes, it's a perpetual annoyance for us in this timezone. The log should be in the timezone of the cache, not the timezone of the frog. It's bad enough that other log types default to the wrong date, but at least they can be fixed. Enable/disable/archive/maintenance cannot.

As we've been told, this is Broken By Design, and we just have to live with it. It's not an "accurate record" at all, but apparently all that matters is the Frog's perception.... :angry:

ETA: "Publish" logs are always wrong for us over here, too.

Edited by EngPhil