Trackable code

LoveMpls

I am new to geocaching, everything I have learned has been self taught from the geocaching website. That being said, My husband and I are really getting into it and think it would be fun to add a tracking code to our Christmas letter this year. Obviously, only others who geocache would even know what it is. Is that do-able? Where/how would I get a code like that? TIA for your input :-)

I get what you are saying, regarding it being 'cool' on a Christmas card... but unless you know and send Christmas cards to a lot of geocachers, you are wasting resources. Nobody else (other than geocachers) have any use for that alpha-numeric code.

Sure, they can join geocaching, but I doubt they would for that singular reason.

Aside from that, the tracking capabilities are applicable ONLY if the item has been recorded into and out of caches. It is the cache coordinates that provide location recordings. In other words, you can carry it around the world 16 times, but if it is never placed into at least two caches, it has traveled 0 (zero) miles.

Note that Discovery logs DO NOT generate mileage.

No cache placement = no mileage. End result is that there is no tracking available to see or look at.

Your idea is novel, but hardly feasible as far as any tracking capabilities go. You probably would be better off to design a card based upon your geocaching moniker -- similar to a Signature Item.