statistics of me and my friends

Dr Nick Asch

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create a page (can be webpage, can be something in GSAK/GAPP/....) which shows statistics of me and my friends.

For the moment we create weekly an update manually, but we'd prefer an automated page which is accessible 24/7

Does anyone have an idea how to start on this?

I think it includes scripts, but I'm not familiar with these things. So a step by step description would be needed in this case

Can you please explain? Because I've been looking in to project gc but couldn't find it.

Project-GC.com

You authenticate your GC account so that it can connect. It works best with a GC PM and a paid Project-GC account.

Example of a compare between my account and a friend's account. (I think this will work...)

Edited by Panther&Pine

I get an invalid page if I want to see your example. And nobody of me and my friends have a paid project gc paid account. And is not A friend but like 20 of them.... Buy thanks for the response allready. Hope someone else has another idea.

I am a paying member at ProjectGC. I see the comparison of stats from the link in Panther&Pine's post.

I also notice this:

Stat Compare

Paying members only Read more here. support.png Compare basic statistics against others. Note that you can compare with many profiles at once by activating the multi-compare.

The Stat Compare works for paid members. Maybe only paid members can view it, too? It will compare more than two players as well, even if they are not paying members of ProjectGC, or even Premium Members at GS.

I'm not aware of any legal, automated way to do a stats comparison across multiple users except via Project-GC. Why reinvent the wheel, in any event?

To give you an idea what this recommended solution looks like, here is a sample stat comparison that I threw together in 20 seconds on the Project-GC site. The screenshot only captured the beginning of the list of statistics -- it goes on, and includes comparisons for Hider statistics as well as Finder.

There are some minor variances from the "real" statistics shown on Geocaching.com -- for example, my Lab Cache finds are not reflected at all, and my find on a retracted listing is not retrievable by Project-GC. But it is still a fun tool for a rough comparison, if your friends are into that.

422d5833-c543-4b0b-a222-d9df31a752e6.jpg?rnd=0.0712375