Wrong log

TurksFollies

Does anybody know if I can switch a TB from one log to another as I have logged it in the wrong cache. I tried to recover it from the cache I put it in but as I don't know the trackable code, it won't let me.......help please :unsure:

Maybe you can kindly ask the geocache owner to go to the cache and ask him to check on the TB code.

Go back and get it.

Just kidding, might be a way off.

It might be far away, but if it isn't, going back and getting it is actually very good advice. As long as you weren't traveling at the time, you went there to cache, so it probably won't be a big deal to go back again even though it might mean you don't get to find any new caches that day. A small sacrifice to make in order to correct your mistake. Assuming the right cache is in the same area, you can just move the TB to where you logged it in, if that makes sense.

If you decide to go get the TB back, make sure to also correct your real mistake and write down the TB's code, if only to get in the habit. You should always write down the TB's code as soon as you pick up the TB so if anything odd like this happens, you'll have the code even after you no longer have the TB.

Best to just contact the TB owner through the profile and ask them to move it. Be sure to identify the trackable and give both caches by the name an number to be sure correct ones used.

Assuming you can't physically correct your mistake, the heart of this advice is in the right place, but I think the advice is wrong. You can contact the TB owner privately if you want, but the important thing is to log the problem for all to see with notes in all the relevant logs: the TB's log as well as the logs of the cache where you accidentally logged it and the cache where you should have logged it. In the end, a TB in the wrong place is no big deal because the next person to find it will grab it from wherever it is, but putting information in all the relevant logs will help everyone understand what happened. These things happen, so the last thing you should do is try to keep things quiet because you think it will make you look bad.