Maps for GPSMAP62s

Geo muppetz

Wondering if anyone has suggestions as to which map's are best to use with the Garmin GPSMAP62s for Australia ? I have looked at the opencycle maps and they look ok on a computer and the iPhone and Shonky Maps look ok too. Garmin have Topo map's are these any good - I looked at their road map's, they did a great job on all the little laneway's in my city BUT did not have the main beach road ?? and if there is a road that says Warrnambool then the beach road is it .. and it's Not There ?????

Will be using the GPS for caching most of the time but good road maps will handy (like we are holidaying in QLD next week)

I just use OpenStreetMap. I've just been in China and used it there. It worked very well. I've also used it in all Australian states, except Tasmania as I'm yet to go caching there. I select the map I want and load it directly onto my 62s. For free maps, they're fantastic!! Hmmm, not sure that this topic is in the right location!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Calypso62

I use Garmin City Nav. maps on the micro SD card, I'm guessing they have them for Australia....just snap it in and you're good to go with detail street maps.

Just remember those mirco SD cards have a habit of jumping out of their fixture when you change batteries. A little bit of tape holds it in.