Event caches - can they be postponed?

Team Microdot

This might be a short thread - but I don't see an answer to this question in the knowledge books so thought I would ask it here.

Once an event cache is published - can it be postponed? Can the date be changed by the EO? Can the date be changed by a reviewer?

Or, if the event cannot go ahead on the planned date - is it a case of archive and re-submit?

This might be a short thread - but I don't see an answer to this question in the knowledge books so thought I would ask it here.

Once an event cache is published - can it be postponed? Can the date be changed by the EO? Can the date be changed by a reviewer?

Or, if the event cannot go ahead on the planned date - is it a case of archive and re-submit?

I've seen events get published, then disabled, then the date changed and the event re-enabled.

The event owner would post an "announcement" about the date change so that folks who had already posted a "will attend" would receive an email about the change.

I don't think the reviewer needs to be involved, from what I could see on the listing page.

B.

• Helpful 1

If it was a significant postponement (i.e. upwards of a week or more), I'd probably Archive the original Listing and submit a new one. Fewer chances of people arriving on the wrong day.

Fair point :)

Although if I ever was forced to postpone / change the date, I'd make announcements and probably also directly contact anyone who had posted a WA to try to make sure everyone was aware of the change - and if there's a chance of them missing those emails - there's an equal chance of them missing the Archived email.

Granted those that plan to attend but haven't logged their intention might slip through the net - but there's not a great deal that anyone can do about that :unsure: