Different distances in searches

phfrenchie

Hi all,

Simple question: I click menu Play then Hide & Seek.

First match for me is "The nice list" (traditional geocache) distance: 246 ft W

I click on the link to open the cache page and I read: distance: W 3 mi from your home location.

What's up with that? Another punishment for not being a paying member (JK) :rolleyes:

Thanks for hints

What are you entering as the centerpoint for your search on the "Hide and Seek" page? A zip code, postal code or city name will be centered on a different point than your home coordinates.

I am moving this thread from the Web Site feature suggestion and bug report forum to the "How do I... ?" forum.

Hi all,

Simple question: I click menu Play then Hide & Seek.

First match for me is "The nice list" (traditional geocache) distance: 246 ft W

I click on the link to open the cache page and I read: distance: W 3 mi from your home location.

What's up with that? Another punishment for not being a paying member (JK) :rolleyes:

Thanks for hints

Read what you've posted. 3 miles from your home location. Not your search location. You could be looking for a cache 5000 miles from your home but 20 feet from your current location.

A little sensitive to someone wanting you to pay for services received, are you.

This site does not punish those that choose to play and cannot, for whatever reason, pay. It does reward those that do support what it cost to run the business. Bit of a difference there.