Make my own trackable for an event

magikweis

Hi there,

for an event I'd like to have a trackable code on my back, that others can see and log.

I think easierst would be to purchase a simple trackable thing and use that code.

That code should be log-able only as "spotted" or at least anything else does not make sense.

Any better ideas how to achive that or can offcial trackable codes simple be purchased online somewhere?

Cheers

magikweis

Hi there,

for an event I'd like to have a trackable code on my back, that others can see and log.

I think easierst would be to purchase a simple trackable thing and use that code.

That code should be log-able only as "spotted" or at least anything else does not make sense.

Any better ideas how to achive that or can offcial trackable codes simple be purchased online somewhere?

Cheers

magikweis

Easiest way? Buy a Travel Bug Dog Tag and write/print the number on a shirt.

(When the shirt wears out, you can have a new one printed!)

Numbers only can be bought, but come in blocks of 50.

I've met a few people with trackable T-shirts. Groundspeak sells them in their online store. So do several third-party vendors.

The tracking numbers haven't been on the back though. They've either been on the front or on the sleeve.

Tee shirt:

http://shop.geocaching.com/default/trackable-items/gear/trackable-tech-nature-tee-khaki.html

Trackable Event Cache Name Tag:

http://shop.geocaching.com/default/trackable-items/gear/event-cache-name-tag.html

Geocaching Travel Bug® Patch:

http://shop.geocaching.com/default/trackable-items/patches/travel-bug-patch.html

B.

That code should be log-able only as "spotted"

In Geo-speak, that's "discovered" - and you can make that happen, by putting the trackable into your collection, as you activate it. A trackable in collection can not be "grabbed", only "discovered". I believe the "move to collection, move to inventory" option is on the trackable page, under

Actions, over the right side of the page.

In Geo-speak, that's "discovered" - and you can make that happen, by putting the trackable into your collection, as you activate it. A trackable in collection can not be "grabbed", only "discovered". I believe the "move to collection, move to inventory" option is on the trackable page, under

Note that once you put a trackable into your collection, you won't be able to have it visit caches or events. That may not be an issue for you, but I keep a personal trackable item out of my collection because I want to have it visit events and some caches, in addition to being discovered by others.

Note that once you put a trackable into your collection, you won't be able to have it visit caches or events. That may not be an issue for you, but I keep a personal trackable item out of my collection because I want to have it visit events and some caches, in addition to being discovered by others.

I do this too for things like my car and nametag. It's pretty rare that someone grabs a trackable that's always in your physical possession (it's never happened to me personally), and you can easily grab it back if it does happen.