Problem submitting waymarks or uploading pictures

PeterNoG

:signalviolin:

I'm a Groundspeak Server tech, I am --

Groundspeak Server tech, I am, I am --

I blew Waymarking out my server's front door --

(Geocaching went a little bit before)

But I am now busy fixing it -- (fixing it)

Fixing it as only I (might) can --

For I'm a Groundspeak Server tech,

A Groundspeak Server tech, I am!!

SECOND VERSE, SAME AS THE FIRST!

ha ha ha

Sorry to Herman's Hermits and everybody who will now have that most annoying song stuck in their heads :laughing:

Edited by Benchmark Blasterz

Now we have the big red banner saying that Waymarking.com is down for maintenance - is THIS the big fix??? :)

Could it have been the poetry after all? ha haha

Well, the poetry may have delayed things. Some smart alek in the IT department (there's always one in the bunch) was probably reading those poems to the folks trying to get things fixed, and they were reeling from nausea. It's hard to type and think when someone is inflicting such woes on you. :sad:

Waymarking IS UP AND RUNNING GREAT THIS MORNING - WOO HOO!!!

Yes, we are shouting for JOY :)

:grin: :grin: :grin::lol: :lol: :lol::D:) :) :P:lol::D

Happy days are here again

The skies above are clear again

So lets sing a song of cheer again

Altogether, shout it now, theres no one

Who can doubt it now

So lets tell the world about it now

I don't have a batch of waymarks to do now. Are we still good?

I seem to have one waymark that's "stuck", but it may just be that the officers are busy - I know how that is! 'cept that I had waymarks approved for the same category before and after the one that is stuck, and it isn't in group vote. So I can't tell if it's the site issue or just busy-like-the-rest-of-us.

Just did a batch of Waymarks last night and they all went through like greased lightning.

Unfortunately, I had to stop because of lightning. We have lost so much equipment in the past (and our well pump 3 times!) due to lightning, that we have to unplug a bunch of stuff and flip the well pump breaker whenever a storm comes through. I put a big knife switch on our phone/DSL line just after it comes into the house from the company's access box outside. We throw the switch and lose all land line and DSL connectivity until the storm is over. Besides the well pump, we have had more loss due to phone line spikes than we have had to the electric power.

We've been told that it's because we live at the end of a power distribution. There is about 1/4 mile from the road, down our ridge to our house. And that accumulates all of the spike energy into our phone and AC lines. But our phones get it worst; thus the knife switch.

OK. I know that was an aside. But the point is that it looks like Waymarking is doing fine.

Thanks Groundspeak!