Do I need a Garmin to use Wherigo?

Bloodheart

I'm sure I managed (after a lot of effort) to get it working on my tablet about a year or two ago when abroad, although I really struggled to get the cartridge I downloaded to work like it was supposed to and gave up. Here there are very few Wherigo caches but one popped up close to home and it'd be perfect for this August souvenir event...but I'm stuck!

I use my mobile phone (Motorola Moto G), or at a push I could try using my tablet...

But I don't understand how I install this program and the cartridge. Am I missing something obvious? Can you help?

I would check your app store for Wherigo players. There are more than a few on the market right now. I use an iPhone so I am not really familiar with Motorola but it should work the same.

You will need to load the app. It sounds like you already have one but I would make sure it is up-to-date or see what else is available. Then you need to get the cartridge on your device. You can download it to your computer and then transfer it or download it using your data plan or wifi.

I was able to download a catridge using a wifi hot spot and then it just opened in the app. You might have to put it in a special directory. It really depends on the phone. The iPhone has a spot to put files based on the app. The motorola may work similarly. Good luck