Signing In to Site

BushySasquatch

Recently, I noticed a change when I want to sign in to Geocaching. For example, if a new cache is published and I get the email notification, when I want to look at the cache info I always get a sign in page. It ALWAYS asks if I want the site or the app. It ALWAYS asks if I want it to remember by selection. (I choose yes.)

When I get to the site I ALWAYS have to sign in. It asks if I want to stay signed in, I ALWAYS select yes.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch somewhere?

Recently, I noticed a change when I want to sign in to Geocaching. For example, if a new cache is published and I get the email notification, when I want to look at the cache info I always get a sign in page. It ALWAYS asks if I want the site or the app. It ALWAYS asks if I want it to remember by selection. (I choose yes.)

When I get to the site I ALWAYS have to sign in. It asks if I want to stay signed in, I ALWAYS select yes.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch somewhere?

I got the same thing yesterday, using the iPad. It's a new screen that allows selection of App or Web Site. I don't know the source of it, but it seems to be a new Groundspeak page.

If there were an option, I'd prefer to default to Web Site in all cases and never get asked. It just creates extra stuff to click, and the Nexus 7 tablet is particularly bad about that (Every cache link causes "App or Web? Always/Once?", "App or Web Always/Once?", and it never remembers a default, but that's just Android). But people with smaller phones probably need the App instead.

It would be great if there were a Profile selection, "Don't ask me about my App". Yes, and as the OP said, I'd like to stay logged in when I ask to stay logged in. Other than Ebay and My.Yahoo, GC is the most Logged Out web site I've ever seen.

Edited by kunarion

What are you using? I'm using an iPhone, and it's asked me that for the last year and a half. When it opens the webpage it's opened through my email, not safari. I don't always elect the website over the app so I leave it, but I do

Notice that I usually have to sign in. Perhaps it's a setting with cookies or something?