My first mystery puzzle...........?

CacheMule

I understand that giving away this code may be a spoiler, but I need help. I spent all night trying to put this puzzle togther and had the coordinates confirmed recently by geocheck.org Now after this I selected to download the .gpx file from geocheck.org onto my GPS, however the GPS GPX page on my GPS still has the listed coordinates as the ones givin for the parking, it does however say ADDITIONAL HIDDEN COORDINATES: AL3C288 what is this code? I understand that it might mean something else other than the coordinates for the cache.(I already have the coordinates but my GPS still has the parking coordinates not the solved ones!) Do you usually have to manually add in the coordinates into your GPS or should it automatically update the GPX file from geocheck.org (such as in "enter next stage") ? BTW: I'm using a Garmin Dakota 10 GPS.

-cachemule

Edited by CacheMule

I understand that giving away this code may be a spoiler, but I need help. I spent all night trying to put this puzzle togther and had the coordinates confirmed recently by geocheck.org Now after this I selected to download the .gpx file from geocheck.org onto my GPS, however the GPS GPX page on my GPS still has the listed coordinates as the ones givin for the parking, it does however say ADDITIONAL HIDDEN COORDINATES: AL3C288 what is this code? and where can I use it to update the GPS (I already have the coordinates but my GPS still has the parking coordinates not the solved ones!) Do you usually have to manually add in the coordinates into your GPS or should it automatically update the GPX file from geocheck.org (such as in "enter next stage") ?

-cachemule

You can change the listed coords for a puzzle cache to the "corrected" ones on the cache page.

Beside the listed coords at the top of the page, there should be a pencil icon. Hover over that and it will say "correct these coordinates".

Click it and you will be able to input your newly solved coordinates.

B.

My next question is this, does everyone have to update the coordinates from geocheck.org MANUALLY or will it update their gps AUTOMATICALLY?

Manually.

If they use Certitude, it will automatically update your Personal Cache Notes but not the coordinates.

I use GSAK to maintain my list of solved coordinates, so I manually update GSAK. It's not ideal, but it works.

My next question is this, does everyone have to update the coordinates from geocheck.org MANUALLY or will it update their gps AUTOMATICALLY?

I just did some checking on a puzzle cache that I have solved and edited the coordinates.

When you download the gpx file, after editing the coordinates, you will get the edited ones.

I use GPSBabel to transfer caches from my computer to my gps.

http://www.gpsbabel.org/

I create new folders on my computer. I've made a few, because one big folder for gpx files got too unwieldy.

I save the gpx files to the appropriate folder, then use GPSBabel to transfer the selected caches to the gps.

I've never used pocket queries (or GSAK), as we pick and choose which caches to search for, after reading previous logs and checking out any photos.

B.