Found It Card

Seany01

Hi all!

I have a quick question, as we have only just started this game. Where can you buy the "Found It" geocaching cards that I have seen left in the cache boxes. I have seen a couple of variety's, or do you need to print your own. I would really like to leave these behind too!

Thanks Sean

I did a Google search and found that Zazzle has one design, $24 for a pack of 100. Is that similar to what you found?

Here's the link I use for searching : https://www.google.com/search?q=%22found+it%22+geocaching+card

The Zazzle link : http://www.zazzle.com/geocaching+businesscards

Disclaimer : No affiliation to any of the businesses mentioned here, I haven't even used Zazzle before.

I have a quick question, as we have only just started this game. Where can you buy the "Found It" geocaching cards that I have seen left in the cache boxes. I have seen a couple of variety's, or do you need to print your own.

A standard paper card is no good. I was handed a wax paper "Muggle Card" recently, maybe that will endure in caches. Nobody wants a battered, wet business card, which is what happens in cache containers.

It's a matter of personal preference, but I won't leave a "I'm Me And I Found It" card, and certainly not a paper one. There must be something about the card that makes it fun and useful to the finder. Maybe you've seen a "ROT 13" decoder grid (numbers 1 thru 26, letters A thru Z, as a quick reference chart for basic ROT 13 decoding). With my most recent cards, you can barely tell they are "signature items", with my cacher name on the back. I'm printing plastic cards, designed with the intention that the finder will say "Cool, I've been wanting one of these", and who maybe will make a trade for it.

Edited by kunarion

You can just print them out on your printer. (assuming you have a printer.)

However, you really need to laminate them, or they quickly turn into wet mush in a lot of caches.

Also, if you leave a card, you still need to sign the log. Leaving a card with your name and whatever is really just a signature item, and those are collected by some people. They are not a substitute for signing the log.

Hmm, I seem to recall a certain geocacher whose avatar is a cartoon extraterrestrial who used to leave his custom printed signature item behind. Haven't come across one in a while. He used Duracopy paper (by Rite In The Rain). Where RITR is water resistant, this one is polymer and waterproof (and also a fair bit more expensive).