Help with setting up for a community event

nbsgmc

I would like to have a group of caches set up for a community festival. I would brief a group and educate them about Geocaching. How do I hide caches, get them published, but hide them for use at an event. Do I create an event cache? just hide them? It may be 12 caches total.

Thanks in advance!

I would like to have a group of caches set up for a community festival. I would brief a group and educate them about Geocaching. How do I hide caches, get them published, but hide them for use at an event. Do I create an event cache? just hide them? It may be 12 caches total.

Thanks in advance!

I would contact your local Volunteer Reviewer and run it by them.

Sometimes caches placed for events are not allowed to be published as "official" caches, and other times there are ways to make that happen. As for the Event Cache itself, take a look around at other Event Cache pages and glean the things you can use from them. Contact local cachers and ask for advice, too.

And, don't let yourself get too stressed out about making what sounds like your first event be a huge, smashing success. It will be what it will be, and your first try will teach you a ton about how to do it next time.

I think he is planning on introducing caching to a group not gather cachers.

Published caches are available to everybody not just your class. You could hide them and not publish then pick up afterwards. If you wanted to publish them that day after your event you could ask the reviewer to do that. I put out five for a group class at a convention and had the reviewer publish the morning we went out.

You can't create an event that is. to open to all so just do the class.