Going to be in the newspaper

nevin1977

I recently contacted my local newspaper to see if they would like to run an article about Geocaching. The reporter contacted me today and we are going out to my cache so he can take a photo thursday.

I got to verify that my cache is still in place, then put some nice stuff in it? any suggestions

Checking on it first is a good idea. To make sure that it's still there and still has goodies to show the reporter. I would also make sure to talk about CITO and all the good things we do. And make it known that it is a family sport, something that parents and children can enjoy together, and is an excellent alternative to sitting your child in front of a TV all day long.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

just a suggestion and it might be what you are already doing.....but don't just take them to the cache...give them the gpsr and let them find it. sit back and enjoy watching....that way they are reporting on first hand experience rather than just a show and tell icon_wink.gif

the first time I went out to maintain the cache (or just check on it) was a week after being placed and having 3 finds.... i wne t straight to it w/o GPSr

Today I went to find it and the vegatation was over grown and didn't find of first attempt w/o GPSr... I went back with the GPSr and palm and let my friend find it.... we found it and took our pictures and re-covered the cache...

Newspaper guy didn;t call....