Found Not Deleted Oregon 450

I have been told deleting GPX files from Oregon will remove the found caches from the found list. This only works sometimes for me, leaving lots of old found caches on the found list. That makes it very difficult to find newly found caches to log online. I usually have to follow my track on the map to see what I had just found and it is easy to miss a cache. Why not have a delete found caches command? I still have to use my old iQue 3600 because it can delete all or individual found caches.

Not sure if this will answer your question but on my oregon 550t to delete caches I have to use a pc,as you are aware, but when I log a cache as found on the unit it records it in the visit(?) file. Have a look in the files in main unit memory see if you can find the file,open it using a text editor, delete a found cache and then save. Reboot the unit and see if the cache you just deleted has gone from the found list.

Disregard what andy said. It is a very common misunderstanding that the geo_visits file has something to do with the found display and that is incorrect. That status is recorded somewhere in the device and only goes away when the file is deleted or overwritten. If it is still displayed then the file wasn't deleted and is still hanging around somewhere.

A little more info would help.

Are you using PQs?

How are you deleting the caches and from what folder (main unit, sdcard)?