Nacho Chip geocoin

mamoreb

Hi,

Does anyone know who produced or sold the Nacho Chip geocoin? I have got one in my collection, which is supposed to be unactivated. It turns out that another geocacher has an identical Nacho Chip geocoin with the same tracking number. That geocoin is activated to their profile.

This is not a very big deal to me, I'm ok with letting the Nacho Chip geocoin rest in my drawer. But I think it would be interesting to hear if the producer is aware of the apparent duplicates.

Hi,

Does anyone know who produced or sold the Nacho Chip geocoin? I have got one in my collection, which is supposed to be unactivated. It turns out that another geocacher has an identical Nacho Chip geocoin with the same tracking number. That geocoin is activated to their profile.

This is not a very big deal to me, I'm ok with letting the Nacho Chip geocoin rest in my drawer. But I think it would be interesting to hear if the producer is aware of the apparent duplicates.

this was an e-bay only coin...no idea of the producer

ILYK

ILYL

We had the same thing happen last year. The ebay seller was very quick to replace the item with an apology.

The ebay seller is still active: geopromotions

The payment addy was: flareinsight at gmail.com - you could try writing through that address.

The company name associated with that account on ebay is Flare Insight, Inc

They are aware of certain duplications because they did, from time to time, offer popcorn and nacho chip coins with duplicate numbers on ebay. They were sold as a set where you could use one as a 'copy coin' (which we did and they are still travelling). Some must have got away during the early sales period.

Hope that helps.

When they were clearing them out I bought about 20 of each on eBay. It turned out a couple of them were already activated. Before I sell or trade them I double check to be sure they haven't been activated in the meantime.

I wish there were some way to know if it was an issue with just a handful of them or if more of them had duplicates out there, but there really isn't any way to know until one of them gets activated.