Is there a way to download all waypoints of a multi-cache?

Team Kroeliewoelie

Hey there fellow geoachers!

I had a question about how to navigate multi-caches. We normally manually enter all the waypoints in Google Maps to create a map we can follow. We do this however manually and the process can be tedious to say the least.

Is there a way I am not seeing to quickly export coordinates of a multi in a similar way as you would with multiple caches from a search page to a loc file.

We are premium members and have no dedicated GPS device but a Android smartphone.

Thanks in advance for any helpful tips on this!

Team Kroeliewoelie

Assuming you're using an app, I believe all non hidden waypoints are downloaded along with the cache. However to prevent people from skipping to the final location on a multi cache, or puzzle instead of ACTH doing the multi/solving the puzzle, the CO can hide those waypoints. That means you have to go out and manually enter them, app or GPS.

Is there a way I am not seeing to quickly export coordinates of a multi in a similar way as you would with multiple caches from a search page to a loc file.

Not from a search page, a search page loc file download is listing coords only, but a GPX download directly from the cache page will come with all the visible attached waypoints and their text. A GPX file that comes as part of a Pocket Query will likewise come with all the attached visible waypoints and their text.

You need to open these properly to get the attachments. How to open and load such to get all the attached points depends upon what software and device you're using.

Edited by Isonzo Karst

Not from a search page, a search page loc file download is listing coords only, but a GPX download directly from the cache page will come with all the visible attached waypoints and their text. A GPX file that comes as part of a Pocket Query will likewise come with all the attached visible waypoints and their text.

You need to open these properly to get the attachments. How to open and load such to get all the attached points depends upon what software and device you're using.

Excellent, this solved my first-world problem :) Thanks!

Team Kroeliewoelie