How to find the rest of a series?

So twice now I have come across very interesting caches on geocaching.com that are part of a series, not a multi-cache. But there doesn't seem to be any way to find the rest of the caches associated with the series. I am wondering if there is a way to find the other caches. And my next question is why doesn't gc.com have a link connecting the caches together? Seems like this would be a good idea to me.

Up near the top of the cache listing is the cache owner's name. Click on it to see the owner' s profile, and look at their hidden caches. Assuming the same person hid the series, you should be able to browse their cache listings and see which ones are part of that series.

For example, I see you recently found a few of the Way Side series by Trail_Master. Go to Trail_Master's profile and under his (or her) hidden geocaches you will see the whole Way Side series.

Edited by Chief301
Assuming the same person hid the series,

... you may shoot far off the truth.

Hopefully, usually series have some common literals in name.

And simplest ways is to write to CO of cache and ask, which ones are in series, and whether series have a thrilling 'final' or 'bonus' cache.

These are all good ideas. But what I am wondering, why with all the technology available with the GC.com website, can't they put in something specifically designed for this purpose. That way you don't have to look through all of their hidden caches, there may be 500 of those. Plus, what if it is a different cache hider. Seems like it would be easy and simple, something for the CO to click maybe a drop down window when they are creating the series.

Even if GC.com did add such a function, it would still depend on the cache owner to link them together. Some would do it, some would not.

Of course, they could do it now if they wanted to by creating a Bookmark list of the series and making it public. Then they could post a link to it in the cache descriptions.

Edited by Chief301

These are all good ideas. But what I am wondering, why with all the technology available with the GC.com website, can't they put in something specifically designed for this purpose.

Because instead of designing something specifically for this one purpose, they provided bookmark lists, which is a general tool that solves this problem as well as many others.

Remember, even if they provided a "series" feature, the people publishing the series would have to do something to indicate that it's a series. I can't imagine any such feature that would be easier than creating a bookmark list for the series and putting all the caches in the series in it. And if it's properly marked "public", the bookmark list even shows up automatically attached to every cache put in it.

It's tempting to think that, because it's hard to find series, that such a feature would be extremely useful, but when you consider the fact that so few series provide a bookmark list, what you'll actually realize is that a series feature would be very infrequently used.

One other interesting observation: anyone can create such a bookmark list, and I've run into a few series where there is a bookmark list, but it was provided by someone other than the series owner. So once you find them all, you can guide the next seeker to them.

But what I am wondering, why with all the technology available with the GC.com website, can't they put in something specifically designed for this purpose.

Resources. From what we've been able to gather through these forums, website development resources are severely lacking at this time. Add in that the site's code is likely a cobbled-together mess of years of modifications and what you propose may not be as simple as you'd expect. As others have said, bookmark lists and browsing the CO's hides are the best we can do right now.